Sunday, November 8, 2020

Book Review: Fun Virtual Team-Building Activities

Fun Virtual Team-Building Activities: 18 Easy Games and Activities to Help Your Remote Team Stay Connected While They Work from Home (No special software needed) by [Hassan Osman]




Title: Fun Virtual Team-Building Activities

Author: Hassan Osman

Publisher: Self-published

Publication Date: July 27, 2020

Rating: 4 out of 5

In the midst of pandemic with most white-collar workers working from home, how do you maintain employee engagement and morale? As a team manager and leader, I have been thinking long and hard about this question. One way is to have some fun with virtual team-building games. And this is where Osman's little book comes in. He provides 18 activities that anyone can use.

This book is all about quality not quantity, and can be read easily in an hour. Of the 18 activities I plan to use at least half with my team. What differentiates this book from others or from websites that give game ideas is that the author also provides slides and spreadsheets that you can immediately use to help team-members understand the games. Where a game requires tracking answers Osman gives you spreadsheets ready for use. 

I've tried one activity already, weekly reply all, and have cued up half a dozen others to keep my team together and engaged. I would have given this 5 stars if there were a few more ideas or if I thought I would use all 18. Regardless, for the price, this ebook is great value and well worth a shot.

I received an advance review copy for free, and I am leaving this review voluntarily.

No comments:

Post a Comment